Lonely 🎶❤

Hey guys! This is the last of my 3 posts this month. Yay!
The song is…

Lonely‘ by 2NE1!

photo from: Wikimedia Commons

Who is 2NE1?
2NE1 was a 4-membered girl group that debuted in 2009 and disbanded in 2016. They were under YG Entertainment. Sadly, I only started listening to 2NE1 recently, and I didn’t get a chance to learn a lot about them. They are all amazingly talented and now most of them are promoting their solo careers. The members are: CL(Leader, Main Rapper, Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer, and Face of the Group), Bom(Main Vocalist), Dara(Vocalist, Sub Rapper, and Visual), and Minzy(Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Lead Rapper, and Maknae(youngest)). If you want to learn more about them click here.

What’s the song like?
The song is slower and more raw than anything they’ve done before. Their voices blend naturally and beautifully together. The chorus is super catchy and it’s wonderful to hear something different to the autotune/mechanical sound they were going for before. I love all of their vocals and how there isn’t a rap part which is unusual for a ballad-ish song like this one, but I think it’s better without. The song overall is great and I hope you’ll give it a listen.

This is a song about a girl who is with a guy but even with him she feels empty, so she feels apologetic. She feels that she is responsible for their break up and feels like she’s not deserving of being in love. This song is like a message to the guy she was with that he’s not to blame, it’s her. She thinks like she changed and believes like she hurt him and is remorseful. Their sentiments shine through with their voices and it’s a beautiful song. If you want to read the lyrics click here.

Thank you for reading I hope you can take the time to listen to this song!